Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Stained-glass windows

With this sickness thing, with any sickness thing, or even on a normal day, sometimes, you just want to get away from yourself. But you live there. Grab a mirror, and look into your eyes, right into them. Odds are, you might've forgotten what color they really are, and say "Look, I know you're in there. I see you, the last part of a body that sparkles. What can I do for you? Anything you want. Because you won't be like this forever."And then do it. Pat your face with a warm cloth or cold, and take a breath. Someone inside is pulling for you. And someone outside is pulling for you, too. Don't forget, you heal. It just feels like forever. And then, I personally like to finish it off with a little cookie. Or best idea yet, nap. Dream.


4 comments:

bushra said...

hey bethany, those are some great words. i talked to the dad about your itp this morning, but it was so hard to articulate what itp was (i texted hime after) i said 'the thing is dad it's preventing her blood from clotting' and you know what he said? onions! but like i said, i texted him so will keep you updated!

me said...

AH! Thank you! Because after I got this new bag of platelets today, I thought, "Ok, back to the nutrition experiment, no processed foods...what else can I add?" You and Dad rock, send more if he suggests. I have also been doing peanut butter because of a hemophiliac study I'd heard about.

bushra said...

so i sent the dad the text and he called me this morning. you're absolutely spot on with the leafy green veg, and while he couldn't come up with any wonderfood, he did say spanish onions 'are good for helping the blood clotting'. run it by the doctor to be sure, though! hugs!

me said...

Yum, I will -- also been taking in more orange juice for that lovely folic acid. You should see the leafy green salads we've downed so far. I will admit to only one donuthole though - it just had to happen ;)